We offer a wide selection of contact lenses including disposable soft contact, bifocal/multifocal, toric, and colored lenses. Whether you wear daily, weekly or monthly disposables, or conventional (vial) lenses, check out our selection of lenses that fit your needs.
Contact lens fitting in San Francisco, CA
A good contact lens fit starts with a thorough eye exam to ensure the most up-to-date prescription and rule out any pre-existing conditions that could interfere with contact lens wear.
We will determine the best fitting lens based on your lifestyle needs, the shape and health of your eye. In most cases, you'll have the opportunity to try lenses on the same day as your exam. You can even go home with a few samples before making a final decision.
Our San Francisco optometrists follow up the initial fitting and then make any necessary changes in fit or materials to get you the best possible fit. We teach all our patients proper contact lens care and also possible consequences if proper care is not taken. Then we continue with long-term follow-up to monitor the condition of the lenses and to ensure that proper hygiene is being maintained.
- We have secure, online ordering of your contact lenses. Find out more.
- Our San Fransico eye doctors will determine the best fitting lens based on your lifestyle needs, the shape and health of your eye. Take a look at our top contact lenses.
- Fortunately for those who don’t like the look, feel or inconvenience of reading glasses, there is another option. Bifocal and multifocal lenses are also available in contact lenses in both soft and Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP) varieties.
- We carry all of the top contact lens brands!
- Challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia, keratoconus and dry eyes needn’t be a barrier to contact lens wear, but they do require more time and patience.
- Scleral lenses are rigid contact lenses for hard-to-fit patients and are ideal for people with a vision prescription that exceeds the standard parameters of soft contacts.
- A routine exam won’t provide some of the measurements and testing that are required to determine if your eyes are suitable for contact lens wear, and to generate your contact lens Rx.
- These rigid lenses aren’t as popular or well-known as soft lenses, but they offer the advantages of durability, crisp vision and high oxygen permeability.
- X-Cel Specialty Contacts is the only company that manufactures specialty disposable, custom soft, and gas permeable contact lenses. Learn more.
- “I can’t wear soft contacts; I have astigmatism.” This once-true statement is now simply a myth.